Star Bright Players Auditions
Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella (Broadway Version)
Sunday, September 12, 2021
1:30-4:30 pm (Come anytime within time frame)
Freedom Middle School
750 Highway 96W, Franklin
Ages 8 - 18
The Star Bright Players fall production for 2021 will be the Broadway adaptation of the classic musical, Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella. This is a contemporary take on the classic tale and features Rodgers & Hammerstein's most beloved songs, including “In My Own Little Corner,” “Impossible/It's Possible” and “Ten Minutes Ago,” alongside an up-to-date, hilarious and romantic libretto by Tony Award nominee Douglas Carter Beane. At its core, Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella remains the heartfelt tale of the girl from the cinders who is forthright and kind as she tries to connect with her prince and change the prince into a better man.
***Congratulations to the Cast and Crew of the Star Bright Players production of Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella! Please click HERE for the Cast & Crew List.
Cast and Crew Members, please do the following 2 things:
1. ACCEPT OR DECLINE ROLE: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know if you accept or decline your role by Monday, September 20th.
2. READ IMPORTANT INFO: Click HERE to read important information about being a part of this production, including payment of the activity fee and the mandatory cast/crew/parent meeting on Monday, September 20, at 5:30pm at Freedom Middle School.
The Cast activity fee is $150. Once the cast list is posted, the Activity Code will be given out. The fee (or first portion of the fee if making a payment plan) must be paid by October 1 or your child will not be allowed to participate in this play.
Rehearsals will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings from 5:30-7:30 pm, (although most parts do not require being at every rehearsal) beginning Monday, September 20 at Freedom Middle School. A detailed rehearsal schedule will be given out at the MANDATORY cast/parent meeting held on the first night of rehearsals.
Five Performances will be December 2-5, 2021 at Freedom Middle School’s Shelby Theatre in Franklin, Tennessee. Leslie Milstead is the director.
The crew list will be posted by Wednesday, September 15, at 4:30pm. The Crew activity fee is $35. Once the crew list is posted, the Activity Code will be given out. The fee must be paid by October 1 or your child will not be allowed to participate in the technical crew program for this play.
Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella is presented by arrangement with Concord Theatricals on behalf of Rodgers & Hammerstein. www.concordtheatricals.com
For further information contact Alison Worden at email@example.com.
|Rising Stars Auditions
Peter Pan JR
Sunday, November 14, 2021
1:30-4:30 pm (Come anytime within time frame)
Franklin Recreation Complex
1120 Hillsboro Rd, Franklin
Ages 1st-8th Graders
The Rising Stars winter production for 2022 will be Peter Pan JR., the timeless Broadway classic musical that whisks you away to a place where dreams are born and no one ever grows up! Peter and his mischievous fairy sidekick, Tinkerbell, visit the nursery of the Darling children late one night and, with a sprinkle of pixie dust, begin a magical journey across the stars that none of them will ever forget. In the adventure of a lifetime, the travelers come face to face with a ticking crocodile, the fierce Brave Girls, a band of bungling pirates and, of course, the villainous Captain Hook. Featuring the iconic songs, "I'm Flying," "I've Gotta Crow," "I Won't Grow Up" and "Never Never Land," and a rousing script full of magic, warmth and adventure, Peter Pan JR. is the perfect show for the child in all of us.
*IMPORTANT* Pre-audition Information:
Callbacks for some of those auditioning will be Tuesday evening, November 16. If you do not get a call back, it does not mean that you will not be cast. The cast list will be posted by Friday, November 19, at 4:30pm.
- Song – Actors should prepare 10-20 seconds of a Broadway song (in the style of the role they are interested in) to sing acapella or with track accompaniment. A hook-up for phones is available. (Please have already downloaded the track from YouTube, Pandora, Amazon or Spotify if using this method, to avoid lag time.) Please avoid country, pop or rock songs.
- Script sides – Please familiarize yourself with the script sides shared below. They do not have to be memorized, but you should think about how you would want to perform each of the roles/scenes. You may be asked to read for any of the roles in these sides.
- Script Side 1: Captain Hook
- Script Side 2: Cecco, Peter Pan, Starkey, Smee, Tiger Lily, Captain Hook, Twin #1, Twin #2, Nibs, Curley
- Script Side 3: Mr. Darling, Mrs. Darling, John
- Script Side 4: Peter Pan, Slightly, Curley, Lost Boys, Nibs, Twin #1, Twin #2, Tootles
- Script Side 5: Wendy, Tiger Lily, Slightly, Twin #1, Twin #2, Nibs, Peter Pan, Curley, Tootles
- Actor Audition Information Form – Fill out the form online prior to auditions HERE. (We will have some paper forms at auditions if you don’t get a chance to do this prior to auditions.)
The Cast activity fee is $150. Once the cast list is posted, the Activity Code will be given out. The fee (or first portion of the fee if making a payment plan) must be paid by December 20 or your child will not be allowed to participate in this play.
Rehearsals will be Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 5:00-7:30 pm, beginning Wednesday, December 8. There will be a holiday break the weeks of December 20 and 27, with rehearsals resuming Tuesday, January 4. There will also be 2 Saturday rehearsals from 1-4pm on January 22 and February 5. Rehearsals will be at the Franklin Recreation Complex. The last week of rehearsals (starting February 7) will be every night and will be at the Williamson County Performing Arts Center in Franklin.
There is a MANDATORY cast/parent meeting held for the first 45 minutes on the first night of rehearsals, December 8.
Three Performances will be February 11-12 at the Williamson County Performing Arts Center in Franklin, Tennessee. Performances will be 7pm on Friday and 2pm and 7pm on Saturday. Blandina Vergara-Cruz is the director.
Peter Pan JR. is presented through special arrangement with and all authorized materials are supply by Music Theatre International, New York, NY. Mtishows.com
For further information contact Alison Worden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-786-0186 ext. 2513.