Classes, Camps & Workshops
WCPR works with a variety of performance professionals to bring you performance related classes and workshops. Here you can find everything from theater classes, Auditions to Improv, Puppets to Props, Stage MakeUp to Commercials.
The MUSICAL THEATRE EXPERIENCE (MTE) program offers a fast-paced, but FUN education in musical theatre: Singing, dancing, and acting, while working towards a culminating production of 2 performances on a professional stage*.
Under the direction of Julia Nolan & Shana Purkey with Center Stage Entertainment, the Musical Theatre Experience program offering for the Spring of 2021 will be Seussical KIDS. This weekly program will be offered in both Franklin and Nolensville with performances* for both classes at the College Grove Artsitorium.
We are limiting this program to 20 participants per class so that we can safely rehearse and perform using social distancing methods. Please click HERE for WCPR Children’s Theatre 2021 Protocols. All participants are expected to comply with these protocols.
Seussical KIDS Performance Classes:
- Ages: 2nd – 8th Graders
- Cost: $200 + $25 supply fee payable to Center Stage Entertainment. The cost includes a show T-shirt and scripts. There is a $25 sibling discount (after first child) if siblings register in the same transaction.
- Ages: 2nd – 8th Graders
- Schedule: Tuesdays, February 9 – April 13, 2021, 5:00-7:00pm. Note: Class will not meet Tuesday, March 16. For “show week” (April 12-17), there may be additional rehearsals beyond Tuesday night. (More details will be forthcoming.)
- Rehearsal Location: Franklin Recreation Complex at 1120 Hillsboro Pike in Franklin for rehearsals February 9 – March 30. Rehearsals starting April 6 will be at the College Grove Artsitorium at 8601 Horton Highway in College Grove.
- Performances*: Friday, April 16 at 7pm and Saturday, April 17 at 4pm at the College Grove Artsitorium
- Activity Code: 19463 (Register for the FRANKLIN Class HERE beginning at 9am on Tuesday, January 26)
- Schedule: Wednesdays, February 10 – April 14, 2021, 5:00-7:00pm. Note: Class will not meet Wednesday, March 17. For “show week” (April 12-17), there may be additional rehearsals beyond Wednesday night. (More details will be forthcoming.)
- Rehearsal Location: Nolensville Recreation Center at 7250 Nolensville Road in Nolensville for rehearsals February 10 – March 31. Rehearsals starting April 7 will be at the College Grove Artsitorium at 8601 Horton Highway in College Grove.
- Performances*: Saturday, April 17 at 1pm and 7pm at the College Grove Artsitorium
- Activity Code: 19044 (Register for the NOLENSVILLE Class HERE beginning at 9am on Tuesday, January 26)
Synopsis of Seussical KIDS: Transporting audiences from the Jungle of Nool to the Circus McGurkus, the Cat in the Hat, our narrator, tells the story of Horton, an elephant who discovers a speck of dust containing tiny people called the Whos, including Jojo, a Who child, who gets in trouble for thinking too many "thinks." Horton's challenge is twofold — not only must he protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, but he must also guard an abandoned egg that's been left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. Although Horton faces ridicule, danger, kidnapping and a trial, the intrepid Gertrude McFuzz never loses faith in him. Ultimately, the powers of friendship, loyalty, family and community are challenged and emerge triumphant!
*Please note: We plan for the final performances to be live with socially-distanced small audiences, but if current CDC/State/County recommendations regarding the Covid spread do not permit that, we will video a performance without an audience and provide a link to participants.
Seussical Kids is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com
For further information contact Alison Worden at firstname.lastname@example.org.