Sensory Friendly Performances & Programs
The Williamson County Performing Arts Center (PAC) offers live Sensory-Friendly performances designed to create a more comfortable experience for those with sensitivity to sensory input and their families in a welcoming, non-judgemental environment.
These performances include:
* Lower sound level
* Reduction of loud, startling or jarring sounds
* House lights remain on at a low level in the theatre during the performance
* A reduction of stage lighting and special effects lighting on stage and on the audience
* A Sign Language interpreter
* Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
* Space at the front of the theatre for standing, laying down or moving - with seats close by for a family member to sit
* Designated "take a break" area in theatre lobby and patio area. There is a TV monitor in the lobby for those still wanting to see the performance
* Identification of sensory-rich moments in scripts - staff holding up glow sticks to signal audience that a sensory-rich moment is approaching
* Online printable "Social Story", containing photos and verbiage about what to expect and where to find things at the theatre. Click Here to access our Social Story.
Please feel free to bring comforting objects, such as fidget toys and weighted stuffed animals or lap blankets, as well as noise-reducing headphones. (We do have some to loan out if you forget.) And while we do have a concession stand, you are welcome to bring food to assist with dietary restrictions/needs for a snack, but they must be eaten in the lobby area.
Upcoming Sensory-Friendly Performances:
The Rising Stars present Disney’s The Little Mermaid JR
Williamson County Performing Arts Center at Academy Park
112 Everbright Ave, Franklin
February 15 - 10:30am
Tickets available January 17.
Based on one of Hans Christian Andersen's most beloved stories, Disney's The Little Mermaid JR. is an enchanting look at the sacrifices we all make for love and acceptance. In a magical underwater kingdom, the beautiful young mermaid, Ariel, longs to leave her ocean home — and her fins — behind and live in the world above. But first, she'll have to defy her father, King Triton, make a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, and convince the handsome Prince Eric that she's the girl whose enchanting voice he's been seeking.
Disney's The The Little Mermaid JR is presented through a special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com.
Please contact Alison Worden at 615-786-0186 ext 2513 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about children/youth theatre.
Questions? Please feel free to contact:
Williamson County Performing Arts Center
112 Everbright Street
Franklin, TN. 37064
Williamson County Parks & Recreation Department
Traci Hamby, Superintendent
1120 Hillsboro Road
Franklin, TN. 37064
(615) 790-5719 ext.2021 or 2033