Group Fitness General Information and Schedules
For more information on Personal Training- (Click Here)
- Patrons MUST be 13 years of age to participate in Group Fitness classes.
- Anyone under the age of 17 must have a parent/guardian sign a liability release waiver prior to participation; available at the front desk.
- Patrons should wear comfortable and appropriate work-out clothing while participating in class.
- Patrons are permitted to bring water bottles, towels, etc… into the Group Fitness Rooms.
- The public is NOT permitted to use either of the Group Fitness Rooms and /or equipment when a class is not in session and /or an instructor is not present in the room. Doors should be kept locked by Facility Managers when classes are not in session.
Group Fitness Fees:
Franklin, Spring Hill, Fairview and Brentwood Locations
- Group Fitness Classes ARE NOT included in the Facility Passes – they must be paid for separately.
- Participants can choose to either pay a walk-in fee, per visit or purchase monthly or yearly Group Fitness Passes.
- The Walk-In fee for Aerobics classes is $6.00 per person/class. The Walk-In fee for Indoor Cycling is $8.00 per person/class.
- The Walk-In fee for teens, ages 13-17, is $4.00 per class.
Group Fitness Passes:
Franklin, Spring Hill, Fairview and Brentwood Locations
General Group Fitness Monthly Pass:
- Passes are good for admission to all Aerobics classes and Indoor Cycling classes (provided you show your pass and collect a bike tag from the front desk for Indoor Cycling Classes.) Cycling classes not offered in Fairview or Brentwood.
- They are interchangeable between the Franklin Recreation Complex, the Fairview Recreation Complex, the Indoor Sports Complex and the Longview Recreation Center. Meaning once a pass is purchased it is valid for classes at any of the three locations.
- Passes entitle the user to General Admission to the Franklin Recreation Complex, the Fairview Recreation Complex and/or Longview Recreation Centers ONLY to utilize either indoor facility. It DOES NOT include admission to the outdoor pools or any other programs.
- Passes DO NOT include admission for family members, but for the pass holder only.
- The pass is $50.00 per person. On the 15th of each month through the remainder of the month, the pass will be discounted to $25.00 for the individual person and is only good for classes for the remainder of the month.
- Teen passes can be purchased for $25.00 per month. No discounts available after the 15th of the month.
General Group Fitness Monthly Pass – Family Discount:
- The pass comes with a discount for family members (2 or more.) Each family member will receive a separate pass and the cost is $90.00 for 2 passes or basically breaks down to $45.00 each. This is ONLY for family members; not friends or unmarried couples.
- On the 15th of each month, these passes will be discounted to $45.00 for both passes (or for 2 people) or $22.50 each and is good for the remainder of the month ONLY.
General Group Fitness Monthly Pass for Yearly Facility Pass Holders:
- This discounted, monthly pass is ONLY available to people who already have a Yearly Facility Pass.
- The pass is $25.00 per person. This pass is NOT discounted again after the 15th of the month due to the fact that it is already a significant discount to begin with. This pass also does not include any further discounts for additional family members.
General Group Fitness Yearly Passes:
- Passes are good for one year from date of purchase.
- Passes are $500.00 per person OR $300.00 per person if they have a Yearly Facility Pass.
Schedules (subject to change):
Franklin Recreation Complex
Group Fitness Schedule
Aerobics and Indoor Cycling
Longview Recreation Center
Group Fitness Schedule Indoor Cycle Schedule
Aerobics and Indoor Cycling
Fairview Recreation Complex
Group Fitness and Indoor Cycle Schedule
Aerobics and Indoor Cycling
Indoor Sports Complex
- Absoglutely: This results driven class is designed to target those hard to train trouble spots.
- Body Knockout: An energizing cardio workout where you will learn to use strong strikes, punches, and kicks to burn calories for a leaner body, tone and shape key muscle groups, improve coordination and agility, release built up energy and build a strong core. An empowering class set to motivating music that builds self-confidence and delivers fast fitness results.
- Boot Camp: A GREAT workout for men and women alike! Start y our P.T. with an intense aerobic workout including cardio and strength training.
- Cardio Explosion: This workout includes kick boxing and strength training.
- Cardio Interval: A combination of aerobic cardio training and strength training using free weights resistance bands and body bars in this 55 minute class.
- Chisel & Sculpt: Meet your potential through strength training with a variety of movement and equipment. Posture, balance, muscular strength and endurance improve with consistant training.
- Fit Camp Fusion: Fast paced fun- challenges your endurance and strength. Combines Tabata intervals, strength circuits and short burst training for an exciting fusion exercises. Get in the best shape of your life! Every Class is different!
- Fit Camp: Great workout for men and women! Boot Camp based with tons of variety to challenge and empower your body!
- Hip Hop: Aerobics style class centered around hip hop dance moves, set to upbeat/modern music. This class concentrates on fitness rather than style, so everyone is able to participate and have fun!
- i Burn: Work Smarter not harder! Choose your intensity; even the smallest achievement adds up to big success. Burn calories with easy to do cardio and strength training.
- Pilates: Muscular strength and balance training combine to challenge and promote core fitness. For all fitness levels.
- Pilates Powerhouse: A full body workout designed to create wellness within, wake-up body awareness and increase range of motion. Includes low impact vertical moves, traditional mat work and ball exercises. Class emphasizes core strength, balance and overall muscle strength.
- PILOXING: Sleek! Sexy! Powerful! PILOXING blends power and agility of boxing with beautiful sculpting and flexibility of Pilates. Calorie Blasting!
- Step Fusion: Funtastic combo class with elements that include step choreography, Tabata intervals and strength training.
- Yoga (Franklin): Gain strength and flexibility. Enhance your overall healthy lifestyle with this mind, body, spirit workout.
- Yoga (Longview): Vinyasa Flow – All levels class. Synchronizing the breath with a flowing sequence of asanas (poses) you will explore flexibility, focus, stamina and calmness of mind while eliminating toxins from the body. Breathing and meditative techniques introduced. Develop internal awareness. Leave uplifted and refreshed!
- Zumba: Musical Rhythms and Tantalizing moves combine to create a dynamic workout designed to be fun and exhilarating.
- Zumba Toning: Same fun Zumba workout done with toning (weighted) sticks adding the elements of sculpting and toning while burning fat.
- More of the Core- More of the Core, is movement primarily based on Pilates to challenge and enhance everyday activities and performance thru core stability.
Welcome to Schwinn Indoor Cycling
You may wonder why Indoor Cycling has become so popular. Most people would say that it is because it provides the perfect combination of simple, athletic exercise with an environment that enables participants to make a connection between the body and mind. Quite simply it is an exercise format that is truly open to people of all shapes, sizes and fitness levels. There are many indoor cycling programs available today, and they each have something unique to offer. However, Schwinn Indoor Cycling is the only program that combines the 100 year heritage of the world’s most famous bike company with the best trained instructors in the world.
- Indoor Cycling classes are held at the Franklin & Fairview Recreation Complexes and Longview Recreation Center at Spring Hill for ages 13 yrs. and older.
- Due to a limited class size (15-Franklin, 9-Fairview & 18-Longview), bikes will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. NO pre-registration or phone registration is accepted. Walk-ins only. Once a class reaches the participation limit, additional participants will be turned away. If a space is not available for you, you may pay the walk-in fee or show your Group Fitness pass to take an Aerobics class (if available) OR pay the general admission fee (or show your facility pass) to use the indoor facility.
- Participants must be able to be fitted to a bike by the instructor in order to be able to participate in the class.
- Bike Tags must be purchased at the Front Desk. Your may either pay the $8.00 walk-in fee per class or use your monthly/yearly Group Fitness Pass to purchase a “Bike Tag” to reserve a bike no more than 30 minutes prior to the start of the class.
- Please DO NOT ENTER the cycling room before class, unless an instructor is present and welcomes you into the room.
- Please be aware that due to the structure of this class and for the safety of all participants, NO LATE ADMITTANCE is allowed. Once an instructor has started a class-no one is permitted to join late.
- Paying for, reserving/saving bikes for anyone other than yourself is NOT permitted.
- Cycling bikes are not available for use other than during scheduled classes with an instructor present.
- Pedals may not be removed from indoor bikes at any time.
- Violation of Class Policies will result in loss of privilege without refund.
Tips for a Successful Ride:
Cycling Class Description:
Most of the cycling class names are only "catchy"titles for classes. The only difference in cycling titles and the types of classes offered, would be if you are a beginner and have never taken a cycling class before verses a more experienced rider. If you are a beginner, we recommend taking a "Training Wheels" class. This is the kind of class that will get you accustomed/fitted properly to your bike and is only a 30 minute ride. During the 30 minute ride, you learn the basics of a ride. How to add gear (to make a ride more difficult; like going up a hill) or take gear off (to make ride easier; like riding on a flat road).
- We recommend that you bring a water bottle and a towel for perspiration.
- You may wish to wear padded bike shorts and or bring a gel seat cover.
- Proper attire is required – especially shoes. Bike shoes (with spd cleat) will work with clips (at Franklin Complex only), cross-trainer tennis shoes acceptable.
The other class titles, either a 45minute or one hour class, are generally the same kinds of classes. The exception being the one hour classes, after 45 minutes of ride time, the instructors adds a 15 minute "off the bike" conditioning portion utilizing weights and other equipment. Both the 45minute or one hour classes are designed for people who have been cycling for sometime and are looking for a more intense workout.
To Recieve E-mail Updates for Group Fitness
To recieve updates regarding Group Fitness Classes at the Franklin Recreation Complex, click HERE.
To recieve updates regarding Group Fitness Classes at the Longview Recreation Center, click HERE.