Program Details and Registration Information
Participant Eligibility for the Summer Camp Program
- This program is for children 5 to 12 years of age.
- If a child is 5, they MUST be turning 6 by September 30th of this year in order to be eligible. Likewise, a child may NOT be 13 years of age prior to the camp start date of June 2, 2014 to be eligible. We DO NOT make any exceptions to this rule for the safety of participants based on the structure and operation of this program.
- Participants MUST be able to function in a high-paced group setting without individualized attention (1 staff person per every 10 children ratio).
- Participants MUST be able to understand and comply with the behavioral rules and regulations established by the Behavior Management Agreement (see below).
- Participants MUST be adept and self-sufficient in regards to self-help and general hygiene skills.
- Parents/Legal Guardians of interested participants MUST either live or work in Williamson County in order to be eligible for this program.
The Parks & Recreation Department prides itself in being able to offer your child an exceptional summer program, full of exciting activities, for a reasonable cost. And unlike many other programs, we offer flexibility to fit your needs. You are not “locked” into any set number of days your child can attend and you are not forced to pay for any days you do not use. Once registered, you can pick and choose your days and we never have to know up front what days your child will attend completely flexible just for you.
Registration Fee: $25.00 per child
Daily Fees: $18.00 per day, per child
ONLINE REGISTRATION (New for 2014)
· If you are applying for Financial Assistance, Online Registration is NOT available. You must submit an application, complete registration forms and come to the “In-Person” Registration dates set up to register. See details below.
Online Registration Dates (by location)
· Hunters Bend & Grassland – Monday, April 21st – 6:00am to 10:00pm
· Lipscomb & Sunset – Tuesday, April 22nd – 6:00am to 10:00pm
· Bethesda – Wednesday, April 23rd – 6:00am to 10:00pm
· ALL 5 Locations- Registration for any available spots remaining at each site
6:00am Thursday, April 24th to 10:00pm Friday, April 25th- or (UNTIL FULL)
Online Registration Payments
· You will have the option of either paying the Registration Fee AND for 5 days of camp
$25.00 Registration Fee & $90.00 ($18.00 per day X 5 days), per child OR Paying the Registration Fee AND for the entire 7 week
$25.00 Registration Fee & $540.00 for the first child, $510.00 each additional child
CLICK HERE for details about paying for the whole 7 weeks upfront
· If you choose the “5 Day” option, you are paying for the first 5 days your child attends camp. Payment for any additional days of camp will need to be made in person, during the summer, at your selected campsite. You will NOT be able to pay for anything other than registration on-line.
· You may go into the following link to go ahead and set up an Online Account for your family and enter your basic information and that of your child(ren) prior to registration BUT you will NOT be able to actually register for the Summer Camp program until the Registration Dates listed above. We recommend you set up your account early to speed up the registration process for the Camp Program on the day you are eligible to register for Summer Day Camp.
· When you set up your Online Account, it will give you a list of ALL available WCPR department programs that your child is eligible to participate in (including the Sports Camp Series, Sports Leagues and the Art, Science and Technology Camps – these registration links may already be active and you can go ahead and register for any of those additional programs if you would like – those are NOT a part of the General Summer Day Camp program but are additional department programs.
Tip Sheet to help you navigate Online Registration (we HIGHLY recommend you print this first before you open the Online Registration Link)
Waiting Lists/Full Campsites
If a Camp Location reaches maximum registration numbers, the online registration system will automatically cut off registration for that location, will notify you that the site is FULL and will give you the option of being added to a waiting list. You can choose to do this AND/OR select to register for an alternative camp location. We have tried to set up the most common alternate locations to register on the same day to make this easier – BUT, please check the schedule to see if the alternate site you are choosing is open at the time you are trying to register or is set for a different registration date – if it is different, you can only register on the day(s) that it is open. We will notify those on the waiting list by phone regarding their status and likelihood of getting into the site they are wait listed for.
CLICK HERE for ONLINE REGISTRATION & ACCOUNT SET UP
IN-PERSON REGISTRATION INFORMATION
· In-Person Registration will be held for those persons who do not have access to register online or are applying for Financial Assistance.
· In-Person Registration Dates/Time/Locations:
Grassland, Hunters Bend, Lipscomb & Sunset Camp Locations
Monday, April 28th AND Tuesday, April 29th AND Wednesday, April 30th
7:00am to 6:00pm at the Franklin Recreation Complex, 1120 Hillsboro Road, Franklin
Bethesda Camp Location
Monday, April 28th AND Wednesday, April 30th
7:00am to 6:00pm at the Longview Recreation Center, 2909 Commonwealth Drive, Spr. Hill
· Please download the registration forms below, fill them out and bring them with you to registration. If you have any specific questions regarding registration, please call (615) 790-5719 ext. 2044.
Registration Form- (one packet per family)
Medical Form- (please print, one form per child)
- Financial Assistance is available to those who qualify for a reduced rate.
- It is ONLY available to Williamson County Residents OR Williamson County Government Employees. Non-Residents need NOT apply.
- Applicants are required to submit a completed application, a copy of last year’s W-2 Tax Form or a current pay stub. Your application WILL NOT be processed without this documentation.
- The Parks and Recreation Department requires a copy of your W-2 and/or pay stub to determine whether you qualify for financial aid. This information is used only for verification purposes and will be destroyed and disposed of after your application is processed.
- You will be responsible for full fees until any assistance is granted; we will be unable to retro any financial assistance.
- You can download an application online or call 790-5719 ext. 2030 to request one.
- Returned forms will be submitted to Jennifer York, Recreation Superintendent for WCPRD, and decisions regarding Financial Aid will be at her discretion.
- DEADLINE for submitting Financial Assistance Applications will be Friday, April 18, 2014.
- The Financial Assistance Application is NOT your child’s registration. You must still fill out the registration forms and attend In-Person Registration to complete your registration process. See “In-Person Registration Information” above for details and registration forms.
Financial Assistance Application (ONE form per family – not per child)
Paying for the Entire 7 Week Program Upfront – Save$$$
- You may choose to pay for the entire 7 week program up front, if so:
- The amount is $540.00 for the 1st child (A $90.00 savings!!! = One week free!!!)
- Pay $510.00 for each additional child (Discounted Rate AND One week free!!!)
- This payment MUST be paid in full at the time of registration or at the campsite on the first day of camp, which is Monday, June 2, 2014. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- This payment is NON-REFUNDABLE!!!!
X-tended Fun Day Camp
July 21st to August 1st (2 weeks)
Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 5:30pm
Children ages 5* to 12
* Children MUST be 6 years old by September 30, 2014
Registration fee: None if registered in the 2014 General Summer Fun Day Camp program,
$15.00 per child, if NOT registered in the 2014 General Day Camp program
Daily fees: $18.00 per child, per day (Financial Assistance available)
Location: Academy Park, 120 Everbright Street, Franklin (Old BGA Campus off Columbia Avenue)
Activities Include: Field Trips, Indoor & Outdoor Games, Theme Days, Board Games, Tournaments, Arts & Crafts, Athletic Activities, Guest Speakers, Musical Activities and so much more!
Registration for X-tended Fun Day Camp
Children registered in the General Summer Fun Day Camp program (June 2nd-July 18th)
Parents will have the opportunity to sign up/register their child(ren) for the X-tended Fun program onsite at their camp location June 2nd through July 3rd (or until full). All of their current information will be transferred for this program. Payment must be made on site at Academy Park with the camp staff on the first day your child attends.
“NEW” Participants who are NOT attending the General Summer Fun Day Camp program
Parents may register in person at the Franklin Recreation Complex (1120 Hillsboro Road in Franklin) during the following days & times:
*Tuesday, June 10th 8:00am to 12:00pm AND 4:00pm to 7:00pm
*Thursday, June 12th 8:00am to 12:00pm AND 4:00pm to 7:00pm
*Monday, June 16th 8:00am to 12:00pm AND 4:00pm to 7:00pm
*Wednesday, June 18th 8:00am to 12:00pm AND 4:00pm to 7:00pm
*Tuesday, June 17th 8:00am to 12:00pm AND 4:00pm to 7:00pm
*Thursday, June 19th 8:00am to 12:00pm AND 4:00pm to 7:00pm
Please call first to be sure space is still available. Space is limited and registration will be closed once we have reached maximum participation numbers. 790-5719 ext.2038
Please download, print, fill out and bring the Registration and Medical Forms with you to register.
X-tended Fun Registration Packet (1 per family)
X-tended Fun Medical Information Form (1 per child)
Financial Assistance Application (ONE form per family – not per child)