2013 Parent Information Book
Program Details and Registration Information
Please download the registration forms below, fill them out and bring them with you to registration. If you have any specific questions regarding registration, please call (615) 790-5719 ext. 2044.
Registration Form- (one packet per family)
Medical Form- (please print, one form per child)
Dates and Times of the Summer Camp Program
Summer Fun Day Camp meets Monday through Friday for 7 weeks, running from Monday, June 3rd to Friday, July 19th, 2013. There is NO CAMP on Thursday, July 4th due to the holiday. Our weeks of operation do not extend beyond the above listed time frame due to the schedule set for us by Williamson County Schools in order for teachers to organize their rooms at the conclusion of the '12/'13 school year and in preparation for the ‘13/'14 school year. Camp hours are 7:30am to 5:30pm. There is no before or after care offered outside of these hours. You may drop off or pick up your child anytime within this time frame – the only time they MUST be at camp by a specific time is on Field Trip Days – please refer to the Field Trip schedule you receive at registration for the time requirements.
NEW IN 2013! "Xtended Fun Day Camp" July 22-August 2 at Academy Park , 120 Everbright St. in Franklin. The "Xtended Fun" camp will operate under the same format and rules as the seven-week Summer Fun Day Camp program at area schools.
Participant Eligibility for the Summer Camp Program
- This program is for children 5 to 12 years of age.
- If a child is 5, they MUST be turning 6 by September 30th of this year in order to be eligible. Likewise, a child may NOT be 13 years of age prior to the camp start date of June 3, 2013 to be eligible. We DO NOT make any exceptions to this rule for the safety of participants based on the structure and operation of this program.
- Participants MUST be able to function in a high-paced group setting without individualized attention (1 staff person per every 10 children ratio).
- Participants MUST be able to understand and comply with the behavioral rules and regulations established by the Behavior Management Agreement (see below).
- Participants MUST be adept and self-sufficient in regards to self-help and general hygiene skills.
- Parents/Legal Guardians of interested participants MUST either live or work in Williamson County in order to be eligible for this program.
The Parks & Recreation Department prides itself in being able to offer your child an exceptional summer program, full of exciting activities, for a reasonable cost. And unlike many other programs, we offer flexibility to fit your needs. You are not “locked” into any set number of days your child can attend and you are not forced to pay for any days you do not use. We understand that due to hectic lifestyles and varying schedules, which can be changed at any time due to a number of reasons, you may not know exactly what days your child may attend camp. Once registered, you can pick and choose your days and we never have to know up front what days your child will attend completely flexible just for you.
Fees Due at Registration
- A $25.00 Non-Refundable Registration Fee MUST be paid upon registration for each child signing up for the program.
- At the time of registration you will also be required to pay at least three day’s camp fees ($17.00) for each child. (This payment will be applied to your child(ren)’s first 3 days of camp, regardless of which day they start).
"Block Days” Information
- $17.00 per day, per child. Field Trip Fees are included in the daily fees and are not additional or optional.
- If your child(ren) will attend infrequently (a day here, a day there), you may choose to pay the daily rate each morning your child attends OR if you plan for your child(ren) to attend on a more regular basis, you may opt to purchase “Block Days” up front.
Save $ by paying for the entire 7 week program up front!!!!
- Any desired number of days may be paid for at any time, which will be considered as “Block Days”, Example: You may wish to purchase 5 days, 12 days, 20 days at one time, up front. You may pick any number of days, convenient to your needs.
- Block days may be used at any time throughout the program. They do not necessarily have to be used in consecutive order (Monday-Friday).
- You may use the block days you have purchased at any time throughout the 7 week program.
- Once you have used all of your block days, and you plan for your child to continue attending camp, you may purchase additional days at camp.
- If you like the convenience of paying on a “weekly” basis, you can choose to buy “5” days each Monday ($85.00 per child). And remember, if something “comes up” or your child is sick and they miss a day or two, then you don’t just “lose” those days. You can carry them over and use them at any time throughout the program!!!
- You may choose to pay for the entire 7 week program up front, if so:
- The amount is $510.00 for the 1st child (An $85.00 savings!!! – One week free!!!)
- Pay $450.00 for each additional child (Discounted Rate AND One week free!!!)
- This payment MUST be paid in full at the time of registration or on the first day of camp which is Monday, June 3, 2013. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- This payment is NON-REFUNDABLE!!!!!
You will need ONE Financial Assistance Application PER FAMILY (not per child, unless you are only registering one child)
- Financial Assistance is available to those who qualify for a reduced rate.
- It is ONLY available to Williamson County Residents OR Williamson County Government Employees.
- Applicants are required to submit a completed application, a copy of last year’s W-2 Tax Form or a current pay stub. Your application WILL NOT be processed without this documentation.
- The Parks and Recreation Department requires a copy of your W-2 and/or pay stub to determine whether you qualify for financial aid. This information is used only for verification purposes and will be destroyed and disposed of after your application is processed.
- You will be responsible for full fees until any assistance is granted; we will be unable to retro any financial assistance.
- You can download an application online or call 790-5719 ext. 2030 to request one.
- Returned forms will be submitted to Jennifer York, Recreation Superintendent for WCPRD, and decisions regarding Financial Aid will be at her discretion.
Financial Assistance Form
Late Payment Policy
- Payment should be made prior to leaving your child in our care. However, we understand that certain circumstances arise. Please be aware that you have until 5:30p.m. each Friday to make payment for any days attended within that week by your child(ren).
- If payment has not been made by 5:30p.m. on Friday, then an additional fee of $5.00 (per child) will be assessed for each day attended but not paid for. Example: If your child attended 3 days (and you had not pre-paid for those days) you would owe $51.00. If you didn’t make that payment by 5:30pm on the Friday of the week your child attended, $5.00 would be added for each day bringing the total due to $66.00.
- CHILDREN WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ATTEND ADDITIONAL DAYS UNTIL PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE.
Return Check Policy
- It is Williamson County Government's Policy that a $30.00 service fee be charged for all returned checks.
- If your bank returns a check marked "Insufficient Funds" from your account to us, you will be required to pay the amount of the check and the $30.00 service charge IN CASH at the Recreation Complex in Franklin and NOT at the campsite your child(ren) attends.
- This MUST be done within 5 working days from the time you receive notice from our department that your check was rejected from the bank. If this is not taken care of in those 5 days, your child will not be admitted at camp until the issue has been resolved.
- It is our policy that NO REFUNDS will be issued for children who are sent home for inappropriate behavior.
- Refunds will NOT be issued for the $25.00 registration fee or for the $510.00 amount for the entire 7 weeks.
- Refund requests MUST be made in writing and submitted to our office.
- The deadline for submitting a refund request is Friday, July 26, 2013 - none will be processed after this date.
- Refund requests may be submitted to:
- WCPRD, Attn: Janey Mason, 1120 Hillsboro Road, Franklin, TN 37064